The Purpose of United Methodist Women:
The Purpose is adopted by the General Conference of The United Methodist Church as the official mission statement of United Methodist Women.
United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Out of the Purpose are four mission foci that relate to the mission initiatives and priorities of United Methodist Women.
• To be a community of women
• To know God
• To develop a creative and supportive fellowship
• To expand concepts of mission
The entire program and organization of United Methodist Women focuses on mission. Our mission initiatives include:
• Providing opportunities to grow spiritually
• Equipping women & girls to be leaders
• Providing transformative educational experiences
• Organizing for growth & flexibility
• Working for justice through service and advocacy
St. Mark’s UMW Circles:
Mary Martha Circle: Meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 10 AM in the Fellowship Hall. Circle Leader: Eleanor Ward.
Lois Shipp Circle: Luncheon meeting the 2nd Friday of the month at 12 noon at Through the Grapevine. Circle Leader: Judy McClaran.
Women’s Fellowship Circle: Meets the 3rd Sunday of the month at 4 PM in the Library. Circle Leader: Pam Forrest.